Trademarks - new and old challenges according to Romanian law and European Union law
On the 07 of February 2020, 12.00 o`clock, the "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest-Doctoral School and the Scientific Association of Intellectual Property Law (editor of the Romanian Intellectual Property Law Journal), in collaboration with Mrs. Octavia Spineanu-Matei, judge at the General Court of European Union, with Mrs. Andreia Constanda, judge at the High Court of Cassation and Justice and with Mr. Liviu Zidaru, judge at the Bucharest Court of Appeal, organise a scientific seminar on "Trademarks - new and old challenges according to Romanian law and European Union law" which will take place at the University's headquarters in 185 Calea Văcăreşti, district no 4, Amphitheatre 1.
The seminar is included in the program of continuous training for lawyers.
The attendance is free-of-charge and the registration for attending the event can be made at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: 0723.534.638.
The program of the Seminar, 12.00-16.00:
Octavia Spineanu-Matei – judge at the General Court of the European Union
Professor Viorel Roş – University „Nicolae Titulescu” of Bucharest, Director of the Doctoral School;President of the Scientific Association of Intellectual Property Law
Topics of discussion:
Octavia Spineanu-Matei, Judge at the General Court of the European Union:
- The neutralisation theory in the examination of the likelihood of confusion
- Practical aspects of the protection of weak marks
- The relation between the lack of distinctiveness and the descriptive character of trademarks, where those two absolute grounds for refusal/cancellation are invoked together
Andreia Liana Constanda, Judge at the High Court of Cassation and Justice
- The Protection of the family of trademarks
- The use of a trademark in a way which does not alter its distinctive character
Liviu Zidaru, Judge at the Bucharest Court of Appeal; Lecturer Professor at University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law
- Aspects regarding international competence in trademark cases
Dragoş Bogdan, Lawyer in the Bucharest Bar Association
- The three-dimensional signs: marks, designs, copyright
Marioara Faighenof, Industrial property counsellor, The Romanian Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- The dilution of the distinctiveness of the notorious marks
Professor Viorel Roş, The "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest; the President of the Scientific Association of Intellectual Property Law; Director of the Romanian Intellectual Property Law Journal
- The awakened beauties of intellectual property: the indicative signs (designations of origin, geographical indications, traditional specialties guaranteed) and their relation with the distinguishing marks (trademarks)